Abstract of Will of Samuel Lindsey
Botetourt County, VA
27 September 1782
- I give all my wearing clothing to my son Matthew Lindsey
- to my Daughter Erling [Elinor] Cantley one cow
- to my Son Samuel Lindsey Jun. I give my Land on the East side Of James River where he now is in Possession of
- to my Son Walter Lindsey one cow
- to my Grandson Samuel Lindsey Son of Matthew Lindsey I give one cow
- the Rest of my Estate I give to my Wife
Executor: his wife Margaret
Witnesses: John Kyle, Jane Kyle
Will of Saml Lindsey decd was presented for a certificate of probate at the Botetourt County, Virginia April Court of 1784.
It was proved by the oaths of John and Jane Kyle. Margaret qualified as Executrix aftering entering into a bond for 500 pounds secured by Joseph Kyle and the Rev. Adam Smyth.
Source: Botetourt County Virginia Will Book A:204-205, LVA microfilm reel 20, Library of Virginia, Richmond.